I have this thing about writing song parodies.
The Educator: a parody transforming Billy Joel’s “The Entertainer” as it would have been if Billy Joel were a Professor like me.
JediSith Rhapsody: an adaptation of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody for the Star Wars fan.
Trust Edge (the book). I work at Central Arizona College and we have been deploying the Trust Edge over the last year or so (since 2017ish) in an effort to transform the culture. Part of that effort included some team building activities that led to various creative contributions–such as parodies of some of my favorite songs.
- Trust Edge Arizona: a parody of the Eagle’s Hotel California
- Peaceful (Pillars of Trust) Easy Feelin’ a parody of the Eagle’s Peaceful Easy Feeling
- Trust Edge Easy: a parody of the Eagle’s Take It Easy
- Trust Edgerado: a parody of the Eagle’s Desperado
- Trust Edge Cowboy: a parody of the Glen Campbell’s Rhinestone Cowboy
- Wanted Instead of that Guy: a parody of Bon Jovi’s Wanted Dead Or Alive
- Trust Edge O Mine: a parody of Guns & Roses Sweet Child O’ Mine
- Trust Edge Wizards: a parody of the Pinball Wizard
- Trust Edge (Angie): a parody of the Rolling Stone’s Angie
- Trust What It’s Worth: a parody of the Buffalo Springfield’s For What It’s Worth
- More Than buzzWords: a parody of the Extreme’s More Than Words
- Meeting Prison Blues: a parody of Johny Cash’s Folsom Prison Blues
- Hey You: a parody of Beatle’s Hey Jude
- Gilligan’s Trust Edge Isle: a parody of the Gilligan’s Island theme song
- Bust A Trust Edge Move: a parody of the Young MC rap Bust A Move